Chateau Gaudrelle Cremant de Loire Brut
Critical AcclaimAll Vintages
The Gaudrelle is originally a manor of the seventeenth century, consisting of a tall building with a ground floor and an attic lit by skylights stone at noon. Not far from the manor is the troglodyte chapel (completely dug in the rock). Its Greek cross plan includes a vaulted nave and transept as well as an apse in the cul-de-four. The rock covering the crossing of the transept has been hollowed out and this crossing is dominated by a square bell-tower, covered with a pyramidal roof, and which emerges above the hill.
A provost also existed in the twelfth century at Gaudrelle. It constituted a dignity and a benefit depending on the Collegiale Saint-Martin of Tours.
It is owned by the family since 1931 and Monmousseau under went two expansions, one in 1974 and one in 2004. Today, Alexandre Monmousseau is the grower and producer.