Chateau La Tour Blanche Sauternes 2001
Critical AcclaimAll Vintages
The construction of Chateau La Tour Blanche dates from the 18th Century. In 1855, The Imperial Government requested that the most deserving wines of The Gironde be submitted to The Universal Exhibition in Paris so that a classification system could be established. Chateau La Tour Blanche was placed top of The 'Premiers Crus' of The Sauternes Appellation.
But it was not until the beginning of the 20th Century that the originality of this prestigious estate's history became really apparent. The former owner, Daniel Iffla, a.k.a. "Osiris", decided to bequeath the property to the French State under the condition that a Wine School be created on site. After having accepted the donation in 1909, The Ministry of Agriculture commissioned construction of La Tour Blanche School of Viticulture and Enology in 1911.
Despite its unusual status, this wine-producing Estate is entirely managed by authentic professionals in The Wine Trade.