Canoe Ridge Chardonnay 2000

  • WE90
750ML / 0% ABV
Other Vintages
  • RP91
  • WE91
  • WS88
  • WS87
All Vintages
Out of Stock (was $15.29)
Limit Reached
Alert me about new vintages and availability
MyWine Share
Vintage Alert
Alert me about new vintages and availability
Ships Thu, Oct 5
Limit 0 per customer
Sold in increments of 0
0.0 0 Ratings
Have you tried this? Rate it now
(256 characters remaining)

0.0 0 Ratings
750ML / 0% ABV

Winemaker Notes

It is Chardonnay and that is all I am going to say about that. Whoa, is this 2000 Chardonnay screaming for an adirondack chair and good conversation? The changes in the vineyard are really allowing us to make a complex and structured Chardonnay. The 2000 vintage is primarily Canoe Ridge Vineyard fruit and the classic and delicate peach, honeysuckle, freshly sliced pineapple, and mineral aromas of the vineyard are present. We have been fortunate enough to be able to continue to blend a small portion of Vanessa Vineyard from the Walla Walla Valley. Vanessa lends a great mango character that adds a tropical fruit aroma to the nose and viscosity to the mouth. Thank you Terry and Diane Farley for growing great Chardonnay.

Our winemaking practices haven't changed. The handpicked fruit is whole cluster pressed and fermented in 80 percent new and one-year-old French oak barrels. The remaining 20 percent is tank fermented in a temperature controlled, cool environment. With the large percentage of new wood, some of the barrel fermented lots are racked from barrel to tank after yeast and malolactic fermentation is completed. The tank lot too, is racked off its fermentation lees and allowed to age a few additional months in the barrels.

This is a big, rich Chardonnay that can handle a diversity of food. It isn't afraid of cool, dark cellars to gain some bottle bouquet. I recommend a simple pork roast and applesauce. This Chardonnay would pair very well with the Rhode Island clam bake prepared by my good friend and Chalone Wine Group's amazing Northeastern Regional Sales Manager, Cathy Harrison. Try pairing this Chardonnay with some of my favorite seafood dishes; oysters, singing scallops, spicy tuna roll, troll caught King salmon, mussels in green curry, grilled halibut or blackened catfish with hush puppies.

You will have to try this wine while listening to Aerosmith's song "Sweet Emotion." -John Abbott, Winemaker


Critical Acclaim

All Vintages
WE 90
Wine Enthusiast
View More
Canoe Ridge

Canoe Ridge

View all products
Canoe Ridge, Washington
Canoe Ridge Hayden Mouat - Winemaker Winery Image

Canoe Ridge Vineyard is one of Washington State’s most recognized wineries, with its namesake vineyard established in 1989 in the Horse Heaven Hills AVA. Varieties are focused on Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnay. The name comes from a ridge by the vineyard located along the mid-Columbia River, neat the town of Paterson. The famed explorers Lewis and Clark named this crest of land as they journeyed down Columbia River in 1805. From the river, the adventurers thought the ridge resembled an overturned canoe. The Walla-Walla based winery marked its 20th anniversary in 2014.  

Bone-dry deserts, upriver winds from the Columbia River and long sunny days make the perfect conditions for growing wine grapes in the Horse Heaven Hills. Fine tannins and deep concentrates fruit flavors are characteristics that put our region on the map- synonymous with some of the most acclaimed wines in the Northwest. 

Image for  content section
View all products
Image for  content section
View all products
CWECRVCHY00C_2000 Item# 42771

Internet Explorer is no longer supported.
Please use a different browser like Edge, Chrome or Firefox to enjoy all that has to offer.

It's easy to make the switch.
Enjoy better browsing and increased security.

Yes, Update Now

Search for ""

Processing Your Order...