New Customers Save $20 off $100+* with code AUGUSTNEW
New Customers Save $20* with code AUGUSTNEW
*For new customers only. Order must be placed by 8/31/2017. The $20 discount is given for a single order of $100 or more excluding shipping and tax. Some exclusions may apply. Promotion code does not apply to certain Champagne brands, Riedel glassware, gift certificates, fine and rare wine and all bottles 3.0 liters or larger. Promotion does not apply to corporate orders. No other promotion codes, coupon codes or corporate discounts may be applied to order. Not valid on Bordeaux Futures.
Welcome to Wine.com, the modern way to learn about and buy wine!
Our mission is to promote the wine lifestyle, through innovation. Headquartered in San Francisco, right between California’s wine country and Silicon Valley, we’re passionate about using technology to bring you the world of wine at your fingertips.
From humble beginnings in 1998, we've been through an incredible journey to navigate the wine shipping laws, earn the trust of thousands of wineries and create a customer experience we are proud of. Today we combine a million-bottle wine shop with the information, tools and expert advice you need to enjoy it. Add to that the best delivery service in the industry, satisfaction guaranteed, and you see why we've been the number one online wine retailer by revenue for the last decade.
And, of course, we're never done innovating, so check back often!
PS – If you’re not already a member, join our StewardShip program to get a year of unlimited delivery for just $49.
Have you ever stood in a wine shop or grocery store, staring at a wall of bottles, unclear what you were looking at? Or been made to feel inferior when asking for help from a snooty sales clerk or restaurant sommelier? Or had a great bottle of wine with dinner, but been unable to remember or find it ever again? It doesn’t need to be that way!
We invented Wine.com to modernize the way people learn about and buy wine. Wine should be fun and accessible to all. In a survey of our team and several hundred of our winery partners, we asked what the wine lifestyle meant to them. Their responses, summarized in the word cloud below, showed the importance of friends, family, food, celebration, relaxation, travel and more. We think this is a pretty great way to live – almost like being on a mini-vacation every time you enjoy a glass of wine. Promoting the wine lifestyle and helping people enjoy life just a little bit more is a mission we can get excited about!
The world of wine at your fingertips
The average grocery store carries 600 wines and the average wine shop carries 1,200. Wine.com offers you over 10,000 wines every year from over 100 appellations and 50 grape varietals. Our available inventory is well over a million bottles.
But a huge assortment can be overwhelming without guidance. Here’s how we help you discover that next bottle with confidence:
- Wine information: We go deeper in our content than anyone in our industry. Winemaker notes, current and past professional ratings, customer reviews, most popular lists, about the winery, region & varietal, map-it and informative bottle tags with every shipment.
- Discovery tools: This is where technology helps -- advanced search, filter & sort, our food & wine pairing tool, your virtual cellar and recommendations driven by your past purchases.
- Our people: We are wine geeks and we’re here to help. Live chat, call or email us, read our blog or track our reviews, wine lists, tweets and posts. Who says a website can’t also have a personal touch?
Delivery made easy – faster, safer & cheaper
Once you’ve found your wine (or case), our fulfillment team takes over. Wine presents some unique delivery challenges: it’s heavy, glass, perishable in extreme temperatures, requires an adult signature for delivery and many states don’t even let you ship there. We’ve been attacking these problems for over a decade, and here are some of the things we have going for us:
- In-house distribution network We own and operate our own network of fulfillment centers across the country. This gives us control over the process, enables us to serve nearly every state and locates us close to our customers – 80% of you live within 1 or 2 days ground shipping of one of our warehouses.
- Same-day shipping: Order in the morning and in-stock items ship out that same day.
- Date-certain delivery: With an adult signature required for delivery of wine, it’s important to let you chose your delivery date, Saturdays included to most residential addresses.
- Local Pickup: Ship to over 2,000 FedEx Office locations nationwide for pick up on your schedule. You'll never miss a wine delivery again!
- Weather management: We’re constantly monitoring the weather in our shipping lanes. If it’s too hot or cold, we’ll hold shipment and notify you of your options, which include 6 months of free storage if you need it.
- Steward-Ship: Our most popular program -- unlimited delivery all year, for just $49. It just may be the best deal in the wine business!
We’re confident in what we do, and excited to have you become a fan too! If your wine arrives spoiled or damaged in any way, we’ll replace it, no questions asked. We have in-house customer service centers on both coasts ready to take your call or email for this or any other support you require.
Thanks for visiting and we hope we can help fill your glass soon.