Wine-growing can be traced back in the family in old documents to the year 1685. The origin of the proberty, originally a mill, dates back to 1790. Wine-growing in the vicinity of the Elsterbach stream is mentioned in a document in 817. "Two hides of land with vineyards which yield six tuns of wine," Emperor Lewis the Pious, Charlemagne`s son, recorded in a document in 817, " located in the place Elisa", by the present-day Elsterbach stream which flows past the manor house. The estate is run by Johannes and Sabine Eser by the support of Hans-Hermann and his wife Elfriede Eser.