Prunotto Barbera d'Alba Pian Romualdo 2000
The winery is named for Alfredo Prunotto who bought a struggling Piedmont cooperative winery in 1923 and made it his own. Under his leadership, Prunotto wines established an excellent reputation for quality and were among the very first in Piedmont to be exported abroad. Although Alfredo sold the winery upon his retirement in 1956, his legacy continues today with the Antinori family. The Antinoris have moved the winery forward by investing in vineyards, equipment, and varietal analysis, carrying on Alfredo’s legacy and making Prunotto the success that it is today.