Watch Wine.com wine educator Gwendolyn Osborn as she hosts three of California’s leading experts in "Green" viticulture and winemaking: John Williams of Frog’s Leap Winery, Violet Grgich of Grgich Hills Estate and Jason Haas of Tablas Creek Vineyard. These extraordinary leaders in California winemaking share their passion and vision for sustainable, organic and biodynamic practices while we taste their selected wines.
- John Williams, Owner, Founder and Winemaker, Frog's Leap Winery
- Violet Grgich, President, Grgich Hills Estate
- Jason Haas, Partner and General Manager, Tablas Creek Vineyard
- Hosted by: Gwendolyn Osborn, Wine Educator, Wine.com
Tasting Set Includes:
- Frog's Leap Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc
This Sauvignon Blanc is lovely, with stone fruit, crisp green apple, and wonderfully bright mineral flavors.
- Grgich Hills Estate Chardonnay
Miljenko "Mike" Grgich has been called “The King of Chardonnay” since the winery began in 1977, and you can taste why in this classically-styled wine. They did not allow the Chardonnay to undergo malolactic fermentation, preserving its natural acidity. This wine displays crisp Fuji apple, honeydew melon and a hint of cashew nut aromas and flavors.
- Tablas Creek Cotes de Tablas Blanc
An elegant nose of apricots cut with lemon, Asian spices, and crushed rock. The mouth is balanced right between Viognier and Grenache Blanc character, with flavors of nectarine and lemon verbena. A clean, fresh, and elegant finish rounds out the wine, leaving a lingering impression of sea spray minerality.
Download the tasting mat here.
Interested in other virtual wine tastings? Check out our upcoming tastings