Vines were first planted at Larose-Trintaudon at the end of the 17th century. In 1858, Count Ernest de Lahens built the Chateau and its tower that, to this day, watches over the ocean of vines. The wine estate alternated between periods of success and harder times, the worst being the outbreak of phylloxera that destroyed all French vineyards in 1869.
In the 1960s, the Forners, a renowned Spanish wine growing family, purchased the estate. Under the scientific authority of Professor Emile Peynaud, a prominent vine and wine specialist, the property regained its former stature, in particular following the planting of 430 acres of the best grape varieties.
The benefits of this work were reaped twenty five years later, with the 1986 vintage of Chateau Larose-Trintaudon. This was when the Assurances Générales de France, confident in the estate's potential, invested in the property and then in the Chilean estate Casas del Toqui in 1994. Since then, year after year, the estate's teams have worked in the four century-old tradition while also looking forward to the future and implementing a policy of sustainable development.