Atalaya La Atalaya 2016 Front Label
Atalaya La Atalaya 2016 Front LabelAtalaya La Atalaya 2016  Front Bottle Shot

Atalaya La Atalaya 2016

  • RP90
750ML / 0% ABV
Other Vintages
  • RP91
  • WS90
  • RP90
  • RP90
  • RP91
All Vintages
Currently Unavailable $17.99
Try the
17 99
17 99
Save $0.00 (0%)
Ships today if ordered in next 4 hours
Limit 0 bottles per customer
Sold in increments of 0
1
Limit Reached
3.8 13 Ratings
MyWine Share
Vintage Alert
Alert me when new vintages are available
Have you tried this? Rate it now
(256 characters remaining)

3.8 13 Ratings
750ML / 0% ABV

Winemaker Notes

20% of the grapes that go into Shaya Verdejo are fermented and aged for 4 months in large (500 & 600 Liter) barrels, while the remaining 80% ferments and ages on its lees in stainless steel. Aromas of citrus and stone fruit complemented by toasty baking spices and marzipan. The partial oak and lees aging gives this Verdejo additional roundness, complexity, and length.

Dry-farmed, no pesticides or herbicides, hand-harvested, Vegan

Critical Acclaim

All Vintages
RP 90
Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
The 2016 La Atalaya del Camino is a blend of Garnacha Tintorera with some 15% Monastrell from dry-farmed, head-pruned vines planted on limestone soils and averaging 45 years of age. It fermented in stainless stell and matured in French barrique for 12 months. It has a mixture of berry fruit and spicy aromas, a little less expressive than the 2015 I tasted last time. It has some dusty tannins and dark berry flavors. It needs powerful food.
View More
Atalaya

Atalaya

View all products
Atalaya, Spain
Atalaya Winery Image
Bodegas Atalaya was founded in 2007 by the Gil Family with the focus on producing wines from Garnacha Tintorera and Monastrell, the area’s most emblematic grape varieties. Since the first vintage, the goal has been to reflect the character and genuine essence of the land and the grape.

The winery and vineyards are located in the eastern part of Albacete, between Valencia, Alicante and Murcia, a transitional zone between the Castillian meseta (plateau) and the Mediterranean Sea. The vineyards are located on poor soils, rich in limestone, at an altitude of 2300-3300 ft. The area has a continental climate with very low rainfall (less than 14 inches/year) which creates the perfect conditions to keep yields low, lending to high quality fruit with great concentration of color and flavor. The vineyards are all dry farmed without the use of pesticides or herbicides.

Image for Spanish Red Wine content section

Spanish

Red Wine

View all products

Known for its bold, heady, rustic and age-worthy red wines, Spain is truly a one-of-a-kind wine-producing nation. A great majority of the country is hot, arid and drought-ridden, and since irrigation has only been recently introduced and (controversially) accepted, viticulture has sustained—and flourished—only through a great understanding of Spain’s particular conditions. Large spacing between vines allows each enough resources to survive and as a result, the country has the most acreage under vine compared to any other country, but is usually third in production.

Most planted and respected is Tempranillo, the star of Spain’s Rioja and Ribera del Duero regions. Priorat specializes in bold red blends, Jumilla has gained global recognition for its single varietal Monastrell and Utiel-Requena has garnered recent attention for its reds made of Bobal.

Image for  content section
View all products
OPC76166_2016 Item# 515181

Internet Explorer is no longer supported.
Please use a different browser like Edge, Chrome or Firefox to enjoy all that Wine.com has to offer.

It's easy to make the switch.
Enjoy better browsing and increased security.

Yes, Update Now
Cheers to You!

New customers: $20 off $100+. Code NEW2020

New customers: $20 off $100+. Code NEW2020

There was an error redeeming your code.

*New customers only. One-time use per customer. Order must be placed by 10/31/2020. The $20 discount is given for a single order with a minimum of $100 excluding shipping and tax. Items with pricing ending in .97 are excluded and will not count toward the minimum required. Discount does not apply to corporate orders, gift certificates, StewardShip membership fees, select Champagne brands, Riedel glassware, fine and rare wine, 187ML splits, and all bottles 3.0 liters or larger. No other promotion codes, coupon codes or corporate discounts may be applied to order.

Search for ""

Processing Your Order...