92 Point Port & Specialty Chocolates Gift Set
Port is the perfect accompaniment to chocolate and we’ve chosen two of our favorite highly-rated bottles to pair with our favorite box of chocolates from Neuhaus. Makes a great gift!
Gift Set Includes:
- Terra d'Oro Zinfandel Port
Montevina Terra d'Oro Zinfandel Port displays aromas of raisined berry fruit, sugared dates, chocolate, caramel and orange peel. The wine's rich, lush, grapy flavors also evoke raisin, cocoa, coffee and toffee. This delicious, fortified wine is perfect on its own and as an complement to chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate!
Rated 93 Points: Wine Enthusiast
- Ramos Pinto Collector Port
The pale-red rim around the glass is the only visible sign of maturity. The initially opaque core develops into a translucent dark red and finishes with an intense red at the bottom of the glass. Its aromatic characteristics are similar to that of the vintage due to the potency of its dominant and dense fruit, revealing incredibly ripe aromas of dried plum, fig, blackberry, raspberry, and cherry. The attack is smooth and a full, balanced sensation of sweetness can be noted on the palate. Its ripe fruit is deliciously revealed to us, enhancing the most volatile and developed retronasal aromas. Its persistence is noteworthy.
Rated 92 Points: Wilfred Wong
- Neuhaus Les Irrésistibles Belgian Chocolate Collection
Neuhaus has combined tradition and modern style in this chic white gift box filled with unbelievable chocolates which with their unique shape, texture and flavor, were created for the 1958 World Expo in Brussels. The graceful gift box includes these iconic "Les Irrésistibles," such as the famous Caprice and Tentation. Box includes 12 large chocolates.
- Caprice is composed of a traditional artisanal nougatine hand-filled with smooth Madagascar vanilla fresh cream and coated with dark chocolate. The elegant combination of flavors and textures is extraordinary. Caprice and Tentation, with their unique shape, were created for the 1958 World Expo in Brussels.
- Tentation is composed of traditional nougatine filled with a freshly ground coffee flavored ganache and coated in milk chocolate. The combination of elegant flavors and original textures is extraordinary.
- Désir Hand-made nougatine, filled with a dark, intense chocolate ganache from Peru (68% cocoa) and covered in dark chocolate.
- Plaisir Hand-made nougatine, filled with a rich, creamy ganache made from subtly roasted Turkish hazelnuts and covered in milk chocolate.
- Séduction Handmade nougatine, filled with a smooth butter cream with a subtle note of refreshing raspberry and covered in strong, plain chocolate.
Neuhaus invented the Praline and has never stopped inventing. For more than 160 years, Neuhaus has been regarded as the quintessence of Belgian Chocolate excellence. Driven by a passion for innovation and a commitment to stay true to the standards of excellence their Master chocolatiers still uphold to this day. All Neuhaus pralines and truffles are still made entirely in Belgium and imported fresh weekly. Neuhaus proudly uses only UTZ-certified cocoa. The UTZ certification demands that the cocoa has been sourced following a strict code of conduct which helps to ensure better working conditions, wages and training for cocoa farmers and environmental protection for the land they farm. This product is certified Kosher Dairy under the supervision of the Chief Rabbinate of Holland.
Due to the popularity of this gift, wines or vintages sometimes sell out. Should this happen, we will always substitute with wines of equal or greater value. Pursuant to state laws in New York, gifts that contain both food and wine will be sent in two separate packages.