About Chateau Haut-Bergey:
In the fifteenth century, the lord of La Louviere and Lord Olivier proceeded to land consolidation. Thus was born "The Noble House of Pontey, today Château Haut-Bergey.
In 1700, Sir John Francis Cresse, advisor to the parliament of Bordeaux makes his home. In 1772, the estate had 100 hectares of vines. A century later, the vineyard was abandoned and rebuilt the castle in 1850 is a property approval. It was not until the second half of this century, 1957 specifically so that gradually the area regains its past wine. In March 1991, Sylviane Garcin Cathiard acquired Château Haut-Bergey.
The 28.5 hectares of land are located in the heart of the village of Léognan, mecca of Graves.