The Pellegrini Family traces its heritage in winemaking to the early 1900s when brothers Nello and Gino Pellegrini arrived in New York City from their native Tuscany. They soon made their way to the West Coast and in 1925 became Sonoma County grape merchants, shipping grapes throughout the U.S. for home winemaking. In 1933 after repeal of Prohibition, the brothers established the original Pellegrini Wine Company, shipping grapes from Sonoma County and producing quality wines for many of San Francisco's finest shops and restaurants.
In 2003, the eight children of Robert, Richard and Jeanne–the "eight cousins"–purchased a 12-acre parcel of old-clone Zinfandel alongside the Olivet Lane Estate, launching the fourth generation of the Pellegrini family into the wine business.
Together, the family continues to produce some of Sonoma County's finest wines, and is committed to continuing the legacy of distinction and quality, now and for future generations