The Company was founded at the end of the nineteenth century, in an area where Dolcetto vineyards
have been a typical feature for centuries, as is documented by a writing that dates back to 1432, which is
kept in the communal archives.
The farm has always been family run, and the land has passed from father to son throughout its history.
The first historical evidence of the farm is from the beginning of the twentieth century, when the farm was led by Attilio Pecchenino (the grandfather) and had little more than 8 hectares of land.
In the 70s, the farm was given to Marino Pecchenino (Attilio's son), and in 1987 to Orlando and Attilio
(Marino's two sons) who currently own it and manage it. At present, after having recently bought a new
farm (Bricco Botti), the total land owned by Pecchenino is approx. 25 hectares, all in the area of Dogliani.
For a couple of year now, Pecchenino has expended much energy on making his dolcettos more elegant
and appetizing abroad as well as in Italy. The results clearly show in his two main house Dolcettos: the
San Luigi and the Siri d'Jermu that recently was upgraded to Dogliani DOCG status.
Pecchenino winery is managed in a sustainable fashion: Orlando is convinced that the quality of his wine
is strictly related to the natural health of his vineyard. His main objective is that of growing the best possible
grapes with the lowest possible impact on nature. In the vineyards, he opts for organic compost and
avoids the use of any chemical products for weed or pest control; his treatments in the vineyards are all
natural unless it becomes absolutely necessary.