To perform a search, enter a keyword, phrase or item number in the search field and click "search."
We offer two ways to locate information:
We have added the following products to your shopping cart from a previous visit:
Varietal: Grenache blanc (60%), Bourboulenc (15%), Clairette blanche (15%), Roussane (10%).
• Location : southern part of the Côtes du Rhône, in fresh and temperate
• Soil : calcareous and clayey soils.
• Grapes are pressed after a short skin-maceration (4 to 6 hours) to maximise the extraction of the delicate floral aromas contained in the grapes.
• Low-temperature settling of the lees : 46 to 50°F (8-10°C).
• Low-temperature maceration and fermentation: 61 to 64°F (16°/18°C) to retain the fresh and exotic aromas.
• COLOUR : brilliant pale yellow with green tints.
• NOSE : full and aromatic, the nose develops aroma of exotic fruits and citrus.
• TASTE : well balanced, this wine is fruity, with nice aromas of fresh lemon and grapefruit that persist on the finish.
• SERVICE TEMPERATURE : 50-52°F (10-12°C).
• FOOD PAIRING : delicious on its own or with fish, starters and salads, great with chicken.
• AGEING : 2 to 3 years.
• 88/100 - Wine spectator 2001.
"La Chasse du Pape" takes its name from the great reliquaries of the popes who lived in Avignon during the 14th century. These wines are carefully selected among the best "terroirs" of the Cotes-du-Rhone appellation, according to the exposure and the sanitary state of the grapes. This diversity results in wines that communicate the wonderful character and typicity of the region.
Vin de Pays
(vahn duh peh-YEE)
One of the lower levels in the French Classification system, Vin de Pays is an intermediary wine, created for vineyards who were not quite AC, but vastly superior to Vin de Table wine. Vin de Pays has restrictions similar to the AC, but on a lesser scale. Regulations include specified region, minimum alcohol level and grape varieties. The wine also...Read More About Other French
White Rhone blends consist of two or more white grapes from its namesake region. This includes Viognier, Rousanne, Marsanne and Grenache Blanc. Other white grapes may be included in miniscule amounts, but the above four are the principles. In the Rhone, Viognier is typically alone in the Northern Rhone and absent in the Southern Rhone, although, in the north, 20% of the variety...Read More About Rhone White Blends
Ship on us for a month!
After your free trial, Steward-Ship is just $49/year.
*Some exclusions apply