About Groth Vineyards & Winery:
Groth Vineyards & Winery is a family owned winery producing Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay and Oakville Cabernet Sauvignon since 1982. They sustainably farm 121 acres of vineyards creating a better wine for today, and for future generations.
Michael Weis, winemaker at Groth Vineyards & Winery since 1994, brings more than three decades of experience with Oakville grapes and wines to the job of nurturing the best possible expression of the vineyards.
Groth Vineyards & Winery Founded 1981
• In 1981, the Dennis and Judith purchased a 121 acre parcel in the heart of the Oakville appellation with the vision of making world class Cabernet Sauvignon.
• In 1982, they added a second vineyard of 44 acres located south of Yountville focused on Merlot and Chardonnay.
• Groth Vineyards & Winery’s first crush was in 1982.
• In 1985 the winery deserved, and needed full-time attention from Dennis and Judith. They moved their family to the Oakville property.
• The 1985 Groth Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon received the first 100 point score from Robert Parker.
• In 1990 the winery building was completed.
• Since 1982 Groth Vineyards & Winery has established its reputation as an outstanding producer of Napa Valley Wines.