Red Wines    Rhone Red Blends    Chateauneuf-du-Pape    France - Rhone   
Wine.com - Buy wines, wine clubs, gift baskets and more
My Rating (circle) :
Date Printed: 10/1/2014
Dom. du Galet des Papes Tradition Chateauneuf-du-Pape 2003
Dom. du Galet des Papes Tradition Chateauneuf-du-Pape 2003
(search item no. 87847)

PRICE ON 10/1/2014: $42.99

ratings pedigree (past vintages):
2007 Wine Spectator rating: 90 points
2000 Wine Spectator rating: 86 points

Winemaker's Notes:

Owning several parcels spread all over the Ch√Ęteauneuf landscape, with an average vine age of 50 years old, Ch√Ęteauneuf Tradition from 80% Grenache, with the remaining 20% split between Syrah, Mourvedre, Cinsault, and Vaccarese.

Slightly gamey, herbes de Provence and freshly ground white pepper notes mingle with dried cherry and cranberry aromas.

My Notes: