About Bodegas Dios Baco:
The origin of our winery dates back to 1765. However, in the early twentieth century, the legendary Palomino & Vergara winery was founded by Don Juan Vergara and Don Juan Palomino. Years later, these wineries would become part of Rumasa, running successfully for more than 20 years, and then passed into the hands of the first multinational of Jerez, John Harvey & Sons Ltd.
Finally, the company was purchased in 1992 by its current owner Don Jose Paez Morilla, founder of Bodegas Dios Baco, with the intention to return to the origins of its foundation. That is, to offer limited production, high quality, unbeatable products to the consumers.
Our Dios Baco cellar was built in 1848, more than 150 years ago, It was part of a complex of cellars called "The Twelve Disciples" after the disciples of Christ.
At present there are only three cellars: Bodega Baco, Bodega de la Cruz and Bodega Pio XII. The first being the most emblematic and the name given to our winery.