Nestled into the slopes of the famous vineyards of Aÿ,
France, are the picturesque stone buildings of Champagne Deutz, founded a
century and a half ago (1838) by William Deutz and Pierre-Hubert Geldermann.
The two immigrants from Napoleonic Prussia — Geldermann, a Champagne salesman,
and Deutz, a negociant — opened an office with no vineyards. The cuvées
bought sur lattes
, already in the bottle, and were then disgorged, the dosage
added and the wines labeled.
When René Deutz and Alfred Geldermann inherited the business from their fathers
in the late 1860s, sales of their Champagne had been consistently rising for years.
Deutz took its place among the great Houses of Champagne when it became a founding
member of the Syndicat des Grandes Marques.
Today, Deutz upholds the traditions of fine champagne-making handed down through five generations.
The past and present live contentedly together at Aÿ, merging tradition and technology to create
elegant champagnes in the timeless Deutz style.
Be the first to know when new vintages and wines come in stock!
Ship for 30 days free with
Powerful nose, rich and complex, that shows aromas reminiscent of baked apples, together with light and pleasant hints of preserved ginger and nutmeg, amongst others.
The entry is crisp and the wine then develops considerable finesse, also revealing delicate flavors of sultanas that evoke the... more
Wines no longer available
A sparkling and delicate appearance, with a delightful copper color and fine bubbles, magnified by a fine frothy bead.
On the nose, the vine has the courtesy to insinuate, rather than force itself on you. From the basket of soft fruit on offer, you will immediately appreciate the aromatic... more
The Deutz Brut Rose 2005 is produced exclusively from Pinot Noir grapes, from the Montagne de Reims (80 percent) and the Vallee de la Marne (20 perent). The specific nature of its style and its appearance comes from the addition during blending of 10 percent red wine from parcels of old vines from... more
The distinctive house style of elegance and finesse which has made Champagne Deutz one of the most respected of all Champagne houses, is reflected in this fine Blanc de Blancs Champagne. Forty percent of the grape supply is from Deutz' own vineyards, which rate 98 percent on the Champagne scale.... more
Made exclusively from Pinot Noir, 80% of these grapes come from the Montagne de Reims area, and the remaining 20% come from the Marne Valley. The specific style and color is obtained by the addition of 9% of red wine, whose Pinot Noir grapes come from two plots on the Aÿ hillside called
La Cote... more
A golden hue with brilliant edges. Very fine bead. Fine and expressive aromas on the nose, which shows fully ripe stone fruit alongside dried fruit. Quite full-bodied on the palate, with flavors of pears and sun-ripened apricots. Richly expressive and pleasantly soft.
The 2002 Brut Rose is made exclusively from Pinot Noir grapes. Eighty percent of the grapes come from the Montagne de Reims area, and the remaining 20 percent are grown in the Marne Valley. The specific style and color is obtained by the addition of 9% of red wine, whose Pinot Noir grapes come from... more
The color is fine and bright, showing a pale golden hue with bronze tinges. A forward nose shows deliciously ripe aromas. Hints of flowers mingle with the main aromas of fresh pastry. The first impression is clear-cut, and the wine continues, fresh and lively, in an elegant mode. The flavors are... more
A golden hue with brilliant edges. Very fine bead. Fine and expressive aromas on the nose, which shows fully ripe stone fruit alongside dried fruit.
Quite full-bodied on the palate, with flavours of pears and sun-ripened apricots. Richly expressive and pleasantly soft.
The finish is long... more
Exhibiting an uncommon level of finesse and balance, this wine combines the elevated fruit and the outgoing personality of top-flight Rose with a perfectly fit sense of layered yeastiness in its aromas and follows with a rich, mouthfilling mousse of small bubbles on the palate. Its flavors are... more
The wine has a pale gold color with sparkling reflections and a delicate, constant effervescence.The nose has very refined aromas bringing to mind morning dew and springtime. It is tied together with subtle scents of lime flowers, acacia, hawthorn, and delicate fresh citrus fruit.On the palate, the... more