Red Wines    Merlot    Chile    South America   
Wine.com - Buy wines, wine clubs, gift baskets and more
My Rating (circle) :
Date Printed: 10/25/2014
Concha y Toro Casillero Del Diablo Merlot 2009
Concha y Toro Casillero Del Diablo Merlot 2009
(search item no. 107215)

PRICE ON 10/25/2014: $11.79

ratings pedigree (past vintages):
2010 Wine Spectator rating: 87 points
2005 The Wine News rating: 88 points
2004 The Wine News rating: 86 points
2003 Wine & Spirits rating: 89 points
2003 Wine Enthusiast rating: 88 points
2003 Wine Spectator rating: 86 points
2002 Wine Spectator rating: 87 points
2001 Wine Spectator rating: 86 points
2000 Wine & Spirits rating: 86 points
1999 Wine Spectator rating: 85 points
1998 Wine Spectator rating: 86 points

Winemaker's Notes:

70% of the Merlot is aged in small American oak barriques about 6 to 8 months. At the same time, the remaining 30% of the wine is aged in stainless steel tanks. The color of the wine is a deep red with great intensity. On the nose, the wine shows delicious hints of plums and herbs. This Merlot reveals hints of chocolate and spice, while integrating perfectly with the toasted American oak. The wine is smooth with great structure.
My Notes:

Additional wines from Vina Concha y Toro:

About Vina Concha y Toro:

Founded in 1883, Viña Concha y Toro is Latin America’s leading producer and occupies an outstanding position among the world’s most important wine companies, currently exporting to 135 countries worldwide. Uniquely, it owns around 9,500 hectares of prime vineyards, which allows the company to secure the highest quality grapes for its wine production. Concha y Toro’s portfolio includes a wide range of successful brands at every price point, from the top of the range Don Melchor and Almaviva to the flagship brand Casillero del Diablo and innovative stand-alone brands such as Palo Alto and Maycas del Limarí. The company has 3,162 employees and is headquartered in Santiago, Chile.