About Christian Moueix:
Etablissements Jean-Pierre Moueix was founded in 1937 by M. Jean-Pierre Moueix on the Quai du Priourat, on the bank of the Dordogne as it flows through the city of Libourne. The firm grew quite rapidly yet remained specialized in the wines of its region, and particularly in the wines of Pomerol and of Saint-Emilion.
The first profits were invested in wine producing properties, beginning, in 1952, with the purchase of Château Magdelaine, a Premier Grand Cru Classé of Saint-Emilion. Next were acquired Châteaux La Fleur Pétrus and Trotanoy in Pomerol, to mention only the most famous. This growth necessitated the purchase of larger and larger facilities. Thus, around the old central cellars, which have always been the place where visitors and clients are received, a number of neighboring cellars have been adjoined.
As did all the great houses of Bordeaux, Etablissements Jean-Pierre Moueix suffered greatly from the 1972 crisis, but the individual efforts of each employee and the careful conservatism of management allowed the company to regain its balance and resume growth. Despite this growth, Etablissements Jean-Pierre Moueix has preserved the specialization which from the outset focused on the wines of the company's region, Bordeaux's left bank.