"Pressac is an old chateau, of which parts have fallen into ruin, and in front of which is a moat, accommodation for farm workers, cellars and a courtyard, all of which are surrounded by walls."
This is how the notary of the time described the Chateau de Pressac at the time of its sale by the Sieur d'Anglade to Jean-Marc Constantin, captain of the regiment of Marmande, in 1775. This description is interesting in so far as it formally proves the existence of a vineyard around the chateau in the 18th century. We also know that this fortified manor house was renovated several times and that it was initially founded in the Middle Ages. Towards the beginning of the Renaissance, it was an imposing building with no less than twenty five towers, some of which remain in existence today as vestiges.
Be the first to know when new vintages and wines come in stock!
Wines no longer available