The Château Etang des Colombes (loosely translated as Dove Pond) was originally part of the property of the Archbishop of Narbonne. Like all Church property, the State confiscated the Domaine in the 18th century. Since then it has passed into the hands of various families, the best known of which are the De Montforts and the De Niquets, Lords of the Crusades.
In 1818 the land was divided up among several families. The present owner of the Château and surrounding vineyards is Henri Gualco, the third generation. He has brought Château Etang des Colombes to the top of the league in the Corbières Appellation and is, moreover, very active in promoting the area. He is president of numerous local organizations, as well as the national president of 'Les Caves Particulières', the largest organization of independent wine growers.
Henri, with his wife Françoise and son, Christophe, run Etang des Colombes with immense dedication and enthusiasm. In the early 1990's the family purchased Château Saint James, a neighbouring property of a similar size. This estate is gradually being restructured and replanted. It will no doubt become another leading property in the area.