About Chateau Troplong Mondot:
Domaine de Mondot belonged to Father de Seze, who had the present-day chateau built in 1745. Under his management, the wine of Mondot beame one of the most sought-after in Saine Emilion.
Very much taken by the estate, Raymond Troplong purchased it in 1850 and constituted the vineyard as we know it today. Alexandre Valette, a wine merchant from Paris, acquired the property in the early 20th century. He already owned Chateau La France in Fronsac, and another chateau of the same name in Quinsac, and acquired Chateau Pavie shortly thereafter.