About Chateau Pichon-Longueville Baron:
Pichon-Longueville is located on beautifully gravelly soil in the southern part of the commune of Pauillac. In 1694, Jacques de Pichon, Baron de Longueville, married the daughter of Pierre de Rauzan, who originally created the property. Their descendants remained deeply involved with making fine wine, and Raoul de Pichon-Longueville built the present chateau in 1851.
In 1988, following an architectural competition organized by the Centre Georges Pompidou, the château and wine cellar were entirely renovated. A spectacular new winemaking facility enables an exquisite wine to be made under ideal conditions.