About Chateau Monbousquet:
Chateau Monbousquet's origin goes back to 1540. The chateau has changed hands many times throughout the year, but there were two very significant periods in its history. From 1682 to 1826, Monbousquet was owned by the De Carles family. The chateau itself was built in 1779, and its fame grew in the 19th Century, under the short ownership of Count de Vassal-Monviel. The Count owned the estate from 1858 until 1877, enlarging the vineyard to its current size and significantly increasing production.
In 1993, Gerard Perse took ownership of Monbousquet, leading to many great accomplishments and a complete renovation, including a new drainage system, a barrel ageing cellar and state-of-the-art equipment introduced. Located 500 meters south of Saint-Emilion, the wines had ranked, for many years before Perse's time, somewhere in the middle ranges for Saint-Emilion wines. After over a decade of ownership, Monbousquet has become one of the region's leading wines.