About Chateau Lascombes:
Château Lascombes, a Margaux ranked Second Growth in the 1855 classification, bears the name of its first owner, Chevalier de Lascombes, born in 1625. At the turn of the 18th century, Jean-Francois Lascombes, a councillor at the Bordeaux Parliament, dedicated his wealth to making a great wine at Lascombes. The existing chateau was built in 1867 by Chaix D'Est Ange.
Alexis Lichine took over the property in 1952. He completely restructured Chateau Lascombes and renovated the vineyard and cellars, giving this large vineyard new life. In 1971, he sold everything to the English brewer, Bass-Charrington. Since its purchase in April 2001 by Colony Capital, a new era has begun for this property.
The Chateau Lascombes vineyard stretches over eighty-four hectares within the Margaux appellation. The present varietal distribution is 50% Merlot, 45% Cabernet Sauvignon and 5% Petit Verdot.