About Chateau Duhart-Milon-Rothschild:
In the early 18th century, Pauillac began widespread grape cultivation at the urging of the Lafite lords. The Milon wines served as additional income for Lafite's master, and became Château Lafite's second wine. The 1855 classification recognized the quality of Duhart-Milon's soil by ranking it as the only 4th growth wine in Pauillac.
Between 1830 and 1840, the Castéja family was left an inheritance by both Mandavy and the Duhart widow (14 hectares). The family thus possessed a 40-hectare vineyard that was named Duhart-Milon. The property changed ownership many times over the years and suffered a decline in the quality of its wines.
In 1962, Domaines Barons de Rothschild (Lafite) acquired the property from the Castéja family. Since the acquisition by Domaines Barons de Rothschild (Lafite), the vineyards have been totally overhauled and the chais renovated. A finishing touch to a remarkable 40 year effort to reclaim the Médoc 4th growth wine ranking for Château Duhart-Milon.
This wine is from Domaines Barons de Rothschild (Lafite)-Each wine is made with high standards delivering wines of elegance and finesse in the tradition of our great Bordeaux house, Chateau Lafite-Rothschild.