The Rothschild family acquired Château Duhart-Milon, a "4e Cru" in the 1855 classification, from the Castejas of Pauillac, in 1962. The property was named after the Sieur of Duhart, gun-runner to Louis XIV, who originally owned the property, and from the name of the little hamlet of Milon which separates the Duhart-Milon vineyard from that of Château Lafite.
The vineyard covers 50 hectares and is planted with the classical cépages of Médoc: Cabernet Sauvignon (57%), Cabernet Franc (20%), Merlot
(21%) and a small amount of "Petit Verdot". This cépage has always been traditionally planted at Duhart-Milon and a certain excess of it in the
pre-war vintages might explain their slightly flinty hardiness.
Full bodied, with firm tannins. The early tastings show signs of a wine with fine spicy and very ripe black fruit aromas. The mouth is structured with elegant tannins and great
Blend: 90% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Merlot