About Chateau Le Bon Pasteur:
The Bon Pasteur estate, located in Maillet, on the good terroirs of the Pomerol appellation, grew from the determination of Hermine and Joseph Dupuy who bought it around 1920. Its surface area was originally quite small, with several plots of land being added as the children, Geneviève and Serge Rolland, took over the management. It reached its current size in 1955. Since 1978 the two grandsons of the estate's founders, Jean-Daniel and Michel Rolland, run the estate.
This desire to preserve the specific character of each plot and grape variety until final blending is maintained during the aging process in oak barrels (renewed every year) lasting 12 to 18 months according to the vintages. The diversity of the soil in the various plots adds complexity and originality to this growth, and the vineyard is respected right through to bottling without fining.