Marchesi di Barolo Barbera d'Alba Ruvei 2004
from Piedmont, Italy
Number 65 on the Wine.com 100 of 2007!
One of the great names in Piedmontese winemaking, Cantine dei Marchesi di Barolo dates back as far as the 12th century, when the land-owning Falletti family of Piedmont's Barolo district was granted titles of nobility. Today the estate owns about 100 acres of vineyard in the Langhe, including some of the finest vineyards in the district. The Marchesi di Barolo cellars have been owned since 1929 by the Abbona family, who make their home in the large, yellow-fronted villa overlooking the terra cotta rooftops of the picturesque village of Barolo. Like their Falletti predecessors the Abbonas are committed to conserving the estate's time-honored reputation.
From select vineyards in the heart of Piedmont's Langhe district
Grapes are handpicked, de-stemmed and softly pressed. Fermentation takes place in thermo-conditioned vats at a controlled temperature of 85ºF. Maceration lasts about 7-8 days 70% of the wine is aged for about one year in Slavonian oak barrels, while the remaining 30% is aged in American oak, to enhance suppleness, balance and the wine's bouquet of pronounced finesse
Deep ruby red
Charming, with hints of woodland berries and appealing vanilla overtones
Lively, Full-bodied and well-rounded
This wine makes a delightful accompaniment to roast and most red meats. Serve at a moderate room temperature
The top 3 most liked reviews for this wine.
A Customer - King George, VA
My favorite "every day" red! Smooth, but with character.
A Customer - Half Moon Bay,CA
After visiting Tuscany this summer and experiencing many great wines...this wine ranks at the top for value and creating a delightfully smooth and satisfying experience from the first sip to the last.
A Customer - PA
excellent, smooth, and full-bodied;)
User Wine Lists
The top 3 most viewed lists that include this wine.
Create a list
and share your favorite wines with other customers.
- 9/28/2010 (51 items) (viewed 2050 times)
- 9/27/2010 (55 items) (viewed 1097 times)
- 9/28/2010 (10 items) (viewed 679 times)