Graham Beck Viognier 2007

Viognier from South Africa

$13.79
Item No. 96000
  • white wine

Winemaker's Notes

100% Viognier with a soft golden hue and a nose rich with peaches and cream, and ripe apricots dusted with icing sugar. An elegant entry supported by a crisp acidity gives delicate weight but huge flavours of pineapples and pears with dried apricots on the finish. 60% of the grapes were fermented in French oak barrels and the other 40% in stainless steel tanks. The portion in barrel spent 2 months on the primary lees for a creamy texture, and was left to mature for a further 3 months in barrel before it was blended with the stainless steel tank portion prior to bottling.

Customer Lists Including This Wine Add To Your Own List

Oxford Landing Viognier 2006
Whites - 9/28/2010 (22 items) (viewed 1164 times)

Learn About Graham Beck Map ItMap It

Graham Beck wines is now entering its third generation as a family winery. It was established in 1983 when entrepreneur Graham Beck purchased Madeba farm outside the Western Cape town of Robertson with a fervent ambition to establish a world-class winery in this region. The success of the Robertson winery has been extended to the second Graham Beck cellar in Franschoek, one of...

Read More About Graham Beck

Learn About South Africa

South Africa A long history of growing grapes and making wine, but less of a history on exporting it, and even lesser on the quality aspect. At the turn of the century (1900, that is), a surplus of wine in South Africa created a hierarchy of cooperatives, the biggest and best known being KWV. This organization seemed to favor quantity over quality and had most...

Read More About South Africa

Learn About Viognier

Viognier(vee-ohn-YAY) Viognier is best known for producing the rich, aromatic white wines of the Northern Rhone. Once a pricey commodity of the area, it's now much easier to find and drink. The perfumed grape creates wines of distinct aromas and flavors. Lower in acid and even lower yielding, Viognier kept to itself in Southern France until some traveling winemakers took hold of...

Read More About Viognier

Related Products
This unique blend displays mulberry and black cherry fruit balanced by a spicy freshness. The rich, ripe Shiraz fruit is ...
Winemaker's Notes Blend: Shiraz 93%, Viognier 7% This unique blend reveals spiciness, hints of violet and licorice flavors. Serve with ...
HNYGBEVIR07C_2007
close
Please login or create an account to create a wine list.
close
close
New Arrival Alert
Also sign me up for Wine.com emails featuring deals, trends and new arrivals
Your alert has been added!

Remember, you can go to my account > my alerts to view/edit your alerts at any time (or click here if you want to see them now!)

Membership Benefits


  • • Unlimited FREE ground shipping.
  • • Fast & convenient delivery to your door.
  • • Shop with confidence, satisfaction guaranteed.

Ship on us for a month!

Start My Free Trial

After your free trial, StewardShip is just $49/year.

*Some exclusions apply

close popup