Dark ruby color. Aromas of raspberry jam. Mouth-filling black cherry, dusty chocolate, and blackberry flavors finish soft with ripe plum notes.
Fog Mountain is a wine that evokes the cooling fog of California's hillside vineyards, in a provocative, revolutionary bottle that embraces a modern approach to reduce its carbon footprint while delivering superior convenience and value.
Fog Mountain is delivered in a revolutionary 1-liter PET (#1 plastic) bottle:
- 33% more wine – two extra glasses – than a standard 750ml bottle
- 60% smaller carbon footprint
- Less energy to produce, ship and recycle
- 100% recyclable
- 7 recycled Fog Mountain wine bottles can produce 1 extra-large t-shirt
- Quality assured; protects wine quality
- A convenience revolution: lightweight & shatterproof
- Perfect for picnics, barbecues, camping and life-on-the-go
Recommended for picnics by the San Francisco Chronicle:
"Dark boysenberry, touched with earthiness on the nose. A fruitier palate that offers some spice and concentration; long finish."
- June 21, 2009
Not a good buy. Marketed as a "green" alternative. Would rather drink something with a bigger carbon footprint that tasted like a decent Merlot.