85% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Franc, 5% Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Traditional vine-growing methods and orientation towards integrated control
- Hand picking only when the grapes are physiologically ripe
- Selection by parcel
- Careful sorting of the best grapes
- Technological vinification with a new, revolutionary, top-level vat-house
- Maturing in a cellar with almost 650 casks
- The collaboration of top experts
"From an impeccably run estate, the dark ruby/purple-colored 1999 Faugeres reveals abundant levels of sweet raspberry and blackberry fruit intertwined with smoky new oak. Medium-bodied and firm, with moderately high tannin, a decent mid-palate, and fine purity and ripeness, this wine continues the succession of impressive efforts from this little known St.-Emilion. Anticipated maturity: 2004-2015."
-Robert Parker, The Wine Advocate